When The Stars Align...

So as many people know, I was in Dallas this past weekend helping my brother move so he could start a new job. However, on my way to the airport I left my phone at his house. I discovered this when I was ready to check-in. In a mad dash, I flew back down the escalator and got to my brother before he pulled out to drive away. We searched his car and I upended most of my things frantically. It became evident that I had not had my phone on the 40-minute drive to the airport, and that it had to be at his house. Unfortunately, I had to work on Monday and all the flights for Sunday didn't look good, and so this was the last flight out of the day, and I had to be on it. No time to go back.

When my brother got back to his apt, he discovered that indeed my phone was there. He took it to a FedEx shipping center and overnighted it to me, but since it was the weekend they weren't shipping. It would go out Monday and arrive Tuesday by 3pm guaranteed.

However, the tracking number he gave me didn't work, so I couldn't see where the package was or do anything about changing it online. Nor could I call FedEx and ask them to change the destination so that it would not arrive at my house when I wasn't there to receive it. Nor could I inform my brother to change it on his end because he had no internet yet, and only his phone, which I didn't.

So. The phone was delivered yesterday at 3pm, but because I was not there to receive it, they left a note. They would try again tomorrow at 3pm, again when I wouldn't be there. I had no clue how I was ever going to get that stupid package and get my life back on an even keel.

At 5:30pm, I got off work. Then I walked to the bus stop at the end of the block. The bus was 10 minutes late arriving. Finally I got on, and rode it 7 blocks to my polling place. There was relatively no line, though it did take a minute to sort out why I was there when I was listed as "absentee." But I'd brought my unvoted mail ballot (that I hadn't voted because it had turned sort of green and I was worried it wouldn't count), and all was put to rights. When I went to the ballot box, my card would not work. Delay #2. A poll worker had to come over, sort out my card, and finally I was set to vote. I took my time, though I already had my mind up about everything before, so really it was a matter of clicking. I didn't rush, or hurry through it, I just took my time. When I was done, I started for home. About a block into it, I recalled that I was going to head north (away from home) to grab a geocache to fulfill my one-per-day-in-November Challenge I was working on. So I turned around and backtracked to make the find. It took me about 5 minutes to answer all the questions (it was a Virtual) and be on my way again. I was in no hurry, and don't recall walking particularly fast.

As I neared 4th east (my street), I said to myself, I'll just cut through this business plaza right here and save myself a little time. As I was crossing the darkened plaza, I heard some noises. Turns out it was a FedEx guy picking up the day's end packages.

My heart started racing. Could he...? I waited until he was done, and then quite literally scared him (on accident) by asking if he was the truck that delivered to my house. He nodded that he was. I asked did he have a package that had my name on it? He did indeed! He asked me if I had been following him. HA! I mean, WHAT ARE THE CHANCES?!

HOW MANY THINGS HAD TO GO EXACTLY, I MEAN EXACTLY, AS THEY DID FOR HIM TO BE THERE WHEN I WALKED BY?!? He's there for all of 2 minutes, tops. I mean this is SOME CRAY CRAY UNIVERSE STARS ALIGNING INSANITY RIGHT HERE.

I just randomly happened to cross paths with the one guy in the city who could get me that package THREE AND A HALF HOURS AFTER HE INITIALLY TRIED TO DELIVER IT TO ME. I ABOUT DIED ON THE SPOT. THAT LITERALLY JUST HAPPENED.

IN-FREAKING-SANITY.

So. I have my phone back. Sorry to everyone whose calls and texts I missed. But I'm back on the grid, so text/call away (though I'm working today until 5:30 :P)!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Stand All Amazed

[untitled]

New